Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority, and we have carefully planned and revised our office procedures to greatly minimize the risk of infection for our patients and our team members. Our own families are also patients here, so you can be assured that we will take care of you just as well as we will take care of them.
For your peace of mind, we will continue the measures we have in place to provide a safe dental treatment experience including, but not limited to, the following:
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- A staff member will ask a few questions about the health of the patient and immediate family members and take each person’s temperature. Anyone with a temperature over 99.0 will have to be evaluated by a doctor before entering the office.
- We may ask that patients and parents wait in their car to allow for proper social distancing.
- You will notice fewer people in our office at one time to allow for proper social distancing.
- As always, all rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated, and public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- Our office has additional medical-grade air purification units. The units are capable of removing particles smaller than COVID-19 viruses.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and ADA in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
- Doctors and staff will wear additional protective gear when treating patients.
- In addition to usual sterilization procedures (tools, equipment, chairs), ALL hard surfaces will be cleaned after each patient (doorknobs, counter tops, computer screens).
We ask you to…
- Please give grace as we attempt to navigate these uncharted waters.
- Please be patient, we are trying to offer appointments to as many children as possible, as soon as possible, in the safest way possible.
- Please send only one person to accompany the minor patient(s) into the office.
- Please confirm and attend your appointment. We have a lot of children that need care and your appointment is reserved just for your child. If you do not come to your scheduled appointment, another child misses the opportunity to be seen. Unconfirmed appointments will be cancelled, and the appointment time will be given to another child. If you show up to a cancelled appointment, you will be treated as a walk-in. You will have to wait, and we will not be able to guarantee your child will be seen.
We also realize that many of you have been impacted financially during this outbreak, and we remain in-network with most major insurance companies. We also continue to offer financing through Care Credit.
To discuss these payment options, schedule an appointment, or ask us any questions you may have about your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 336.882.0345.
We look forward to seeing your beautiful smiles soon!!